We are seeking a responsible, organised and flexible individual to join our team as a Laboratory & Warehouse Operator at our Sand Mine in the Bundaberg area.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, this casual role paying $30.46 per hour and based at our Bundaberg – Coonarr Site with duties and responsibilities of the role to include, but not limited to:
- Compliance with OH&S policies, procedures and legislations
- Ensuring the daily operations of the laboratory are performed as per standard test methods both internal and external.
- Be involved with the development of new testing methods and the expansion of the laboratory testing facilities.
- Perform the testing of products as per testing regimes to ensure sufficient performance indicators are available for use in production, the assessment of tenders, ordering and quotation purposes.
- Monitor performance of products and recommend changes to specifications and / or production requirements to ensure consistency of performance.
- Housekeeping in accordance with Silica Management Plan
- Ensure the business adheres to quality standards and issue test results and reports in accordance with the appropriate regulatory standards and procedures.
- Assist with truck loading and Plant Operations
- Effective and timely reporting to Operations Manager/Operations Supervisor
- You will be required to sign a specific Acknowledgement of Obligations Form at the induction relating to Section 39.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following experience and attributes:
- Relevant Particle Size Distribution (PSD Analysis) experience within the quarrying/mining industry
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Sound computer skills
- Sound technical knowledge of industrial minerals preferably silica sand.
- Knowledge of Australian and Industry Standards
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have personal drive and be results oriented.
- Experience and understanding of customer requirements.
- Strong commitment to Health and Safety
Previous Experience in the following is highly desirable:
- Forklift Ticket (LF HRW) (Desirable)
This position is a Casual Position with the possibility to become full-time after a successful qualifying period.
CASUAL – $30.46 per hour