The Sunstate Sands Group is experiencing a period of significant growth, innovation and change. The Risk and Compliance Manager position represents a great opportunity to truly influence and guide the Sunstate Sands Group as it strives to deliver high quality products to our consumers.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Risk and Compliance Manager, whose primary focus will be the safe and efficient management of our site’s Integrated Management Systems (IMS). With an uncompromising commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE), you will be tasked with ensuring compliance to current laws, legislation and applicable standards whilst leading the way in maintaining the sites management systems, auditing programs, safety performance targets and employee training programs.
Your demonstrated track record of successfully managing and developing sites compliance, ideally within a Resources related industry, and a passion for implementing safe and efficient QHSE policies and procedures will see you succeed in our organisation.
Key Accountabilities include but may not be limited to:
- Ensuring all sites operate in full compliance with all relevant legislations, regulations, standards and company policies and procedures.
- Developing / Maintaining the existing IMS to maintain compliance under PAS 99:2012 whilst maintaining relevant compliance alignment with applicable QLD legislation as well as relevant local and state environmental standards.
- Implementing, managing and conducting audit’s to maintain relevant governing compliance.
- Identifying employees training needs; developing and implementing suitable site-specific training programs and standard operating procedures in consultation with site management.
- Developing, reviewing and measuring site specific targets and KPI’s.
- Championing all compliance initiatives across the organisation.
- Leading and supporting incident reporting and investigations.
- Monitoring the control measures from risk assessments are being effectively implemented and provide reviews and feedback on effectiveness.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have;
- Demonstrated high level analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to think laterally on issues for the purpose of formulating, implementing and reviewing policy and procedures.
- Demonstrated the ability to plan at a strategic level, manage projects, set priorities and meet deadlines within a complex and changing environment
- Highly developed written communication skills with experience in the preparation of policy documents, submissions, reports and correspondence.
- Excellent liaison, oral communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to deal effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders, clients and governing bodies.
- Previous experience in Integrated Management Systems.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of risks identification, assessment and management frameworks.
- Strong time management, organisational skills and able to meet deadlines.
- Have a strong moral code and sense of ethics.
- At least 3 years’ relevant QHSE leadership experience in a similar role within the resource industry.
- At least Diploma level in WHS, Quality Management or equivalent.
- Completion of ICAM Incident Investigator training or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable legislation (i.e. WHS, MQSH),
and relevant standards (i.e. ISO 9001, ISO 45001, ISO 14001).
- Auditing qualifications, experience or equivalent.
- Experience in Microsoft software programs including SharePoint.
- Car licence.
- Resources Industry related experience.
- Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing experience.
- Rehabilitation and Return to Work qualifications and experience.
- SIMTARs Monitoring Respirable Dust certificate or equivalent.
- Cert IV in Training and Assessment.
This is a permanent full-time position working collaboratively with the Group General Manager and Site Management Teams. You will be responsible for ensuring that all sites contribute to meeting and exceeding its targets, KPIs and compliance requirements.
The role will be based in Bundaberg QLD, with regular overnight travel requirements.
In return you will receive an attractive total remuneration package including base salary + super along with a company vehicle, laptop and phone.
If you can demonstrate you have the appropriate skills & experience to succeed in this role please forward your current resume and covering letter for consideration.
Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.