We are seeking a responsible, organised and flexible individual to join our team as a General Operator at our Sand Mine in the Bundaberg area.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, this role includes operating mobile plant & fixed plant as required, ensuring that quality and quantity of production is maintained in accordance with requirements and plant maintenance is properly maintained. You will be based at our Bundaberg Site working a variable roster with duties and responsibilities of the role to include, but not limited to:
- Work with the team and under the direction of the Operations Supervisor or Operations Manager
- Troubleshoot plant issues be it fixed or mobile plant
- Contribute to Quality, Safety and Environmental meetings and report any issues
- Gain understanding of the sites fixed plant processing and production requirements
- Comply with site Safety, Quality and Environmental Management and Site Operational Procedures
- Conform to the requirements of the Site’s Respirable Crystalline Silica Exposure Plan
- Perform Daily SLAM’s, Hazard Identification, Contribute to JSEA’s, Compliance with site PPE policy.
- Competently operate the Wet Plant including start up and shut down unassisted
- Gain Competency operating mobile plant as directed by the Operations Supervisor or Operations Manager
- Understanding of sites sand quality requirements and testing procedures
- Understanding that you may be required to work shift work that may include nights and weekends
- General labouring duties as required including housekeeping
- Basic maintenance support as required of both mobile and fixed plant maintenance
- Compliance with the Companies safety systems and understand employee’s responsibilities and obligations (Section 39) under the Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Act and Regulations
- You will be required to sign a specific Acknowledgement of Obligations Form at the induction relating to Section 39.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- Strong Safety, Environmental and Quality focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Holds workers health and safety in a high regard.
- Attention to Detail.
- Be fit for manual labour duties, this includes passing a pre employment medical examination
- Unrestricted Driver’s license and own reliable transport to and from the workplace is required.
- Current forklift licence and MR licence an advantage
- Be reliable & self-motivated with a mature, professional, courteous manner
- Hold a current driver’s license with own transport
- Have demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and/or autonomously
- Have sound organisational skills and the ability to prioritise competing deadlines with minimal supervision
- Have a proactive approach to operation
Previous Experience in the following is highly desirable:
- Processing / warehouse experience
- Mobile plant
- Truck driving experience an advantage
- Mining or Quarrying experience an advantage
This position is Full-Time.
Interested candidates please submit your application along with a cover letter for consideration.