We are seeking a responsible, organised and flexible individual to join our team as a Operations Supervisor at our Sand Mine in the Bundaberg area.
Based at our Bundaberg Site with duties and responsibilities of the role to include, but not limited to:
- Carry out production planning for the wet and dry plant.
- Coordinate subordinates in their duties to complete daily work tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Identify maintenance issues and work with Operations Manager and Maintenance Coordinator to schedule maintenance works within
- Operate mobile plant including front end loader, dump truck, forklift, and other mobile plant as required by the operations or Operations Manager.
- Comply with the Integrated Management System (PASS99:2012) documentation regarding Safety, Quality and Environmental Management and Site Operational Procedures.
- Conform to the requirements of the Site’s Respirable Crystalline Silica Exposure Control Plan regarding the wearing of appropriate respiratory PPE (Dust Masks). This may require you to be Clean Shaven.
- Assist in the development of JSEA’s, Risk Assessments, SOP’s and Quality procedures.
- Assist with the Site’s iAuditor KPI’s.
- Train and mentor new employees in relevant areas including safety, environment, and quality.
- Intervene when necessary (e.g. when tasks change) to ensure risk is effectively managed.
- Compliance with the Companies safety systems and understand employee’s responsibilities and obligations (Section 39) under the Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Act and Regulations
- You will be required to sign a specific Acknowledgement of Obligations Form at the induction relating to Section 39.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following qualifications, experience and attributes:
- Competency in operation of mobile plant such as but not limited to: forklift, FEL, ADT.
- Ability to monitor and enforce company safety management systems.
- Understanding of fixed plant operations .
- Successful Completion of the required competency G1, G8, G9 (Formerly S1, S2, S3) for supervisors as deemed by the Safety and Health Advisory Committee (Qld Mines).
- Strong communication abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage delegate machine operation and workflow.
- Ability to manage and develop productive relationships with direct reports.
This position is Full-Time.
Interested candidates please submit your application along with a cover letter for consideration.
For further information on Sunstate Sands Bundaberg please visit us at www.sunstatesands.com.au/careers/